Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Retro Reads: The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike

It seems as though lately there are a lot of YA novels getting makeovers and being reprinted in order to appeal to today's audiences. Examples include the Night World and Vampire Diaries series by L.J Smith. This gave me an idea to maybe do an article once and a while here at my blog, featuring different novels/series that seem to be making a comeback, or books that I believe should be republished in order to give today's readers a chance to read them.

During one of our endless phone conversations last week (we now live in different provinces), my BFF of nearly 20 years and I were talking about our past obsessions with R.L Stine and Christopher Pike. Even during sleepovers we would stay up for hours laying next to one another, reading until we had to fight to keep our eyes open. She was a huge fan of The Last Vampire series by Pike:




We continued to chat about how obsessed she was and how amazing the books were and how we've been looking to repurchase them, and I mentioned how awesome it would be if they repackaged them as they've done with a lot of other series recently. The next morning I went online to search for the books, and found this:




I was beyond ecstatic to discover that they indeed are re-releasing The Last Vampire, into two volumes which each contain three of the original six book series. I do believe I actually let out a little squeal. I picked up the phone and told my friend to go online, I sent her the link, then she let out a little squeal. I'm fairly certain this may prove that we're in fact nerds, but who cares? It's The Last Vampire!
Italic
Please comment! I would love to know if anyone else has read and enjoyed these books. Also, feel free to let me know about any other books that you would love to see re-released.

4 comments:

  1. oh wow! I LOVED Christopher Pike books when I was younger. I never read these though. Now I kind of want to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read them but they sound interesting!!
    I like the new covers a lot^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books were amazing and SMART! With all the throwbacks to Hindu religion and such. I didn't realize how adult they were until now, now that I'm an adult. Glad you plugged them! I think they're a true classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I just got his book yesterday and fell in love with it!

    ReplyDelete