Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleepless By Terri Clark


I can't go to sleep!!! And not because of the cute boy lying next to me. There's a killer stalking me in my dreams. And if it's up to him . . . I'll never wake up. I have to find a way to get him, before he gets me.


Trinity is an 18 year old girl from South Beach who finds herself with the ability to 'dream walk', right into other peoples dreams. She considers this ability to be a curse, as she ends up knowing the deep dark secrets and private thoughts of those around her. Things really turn into a nightmare when she is unable to rescue a kidnapped classmate who makes a plea for help in one of Trinity's dreams. Soon, the kidnapper escapes a mental institution and the only place he can be found is within Trinity's dreams. It seems he has developed a dream walking ability of his own, and uses it to threaten Trinity and those she loves.


I actually enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Previous reviews have mentioned that the cover can be misleading and I agree wholeheartedly. Sleepless pulls you into the story rather quickly and is a fast and fun read. I enjoyed the story and thought the idea of dream walking was unique and interesting. The book carries you a long at a steady pace and before you know it you're wrapped up in the climax of the story. I liked Trinity's character and her developing relationship with Dan, but I found myself wishing it had more time to develop.


I would definitely reccomend this book if you are looking for a quick and entertaining read, and would like to pick up more from Clark in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sounds kind of like this other book I read called Wake by uhhh... i think it was Laura McMann

    ReplyDelete